This program is a great opportunity to blend school study with workplace learning and experience. Units are assessed in the workplace, counting towards national qualifications.
- Government sponsored program for career exploration.
- Opportunity for senior students to make career decisions and gain some industry credits towards NCEA in the workplace.
- Opportunity to gain work experience and credibility that can be used when applying for
- Tertiary Education and/or employment.
- Available to Year 12 and 13 students.
Christine Kaio & Caroline Flemming
Benefits to the Student
Try a career goal before committing to further education or fulltime employment.
Participating in a "real" work setting, learning the values and expectations required, while gaining specific industry skills and credits towards NCEA.
Gain experience and credibility that can be used when applying for Tertiary Education.
A chance to make a positive impression and increase the likelihood of employment or a positive referral.
Develop mentors within the industry that can support and encourage career development. Gateway covers student and employer costs.
2014 Barista Course
Benefits to the Employer
Having the services of a young assistant keen to learn the trade, at no financial cost.
Kudos for supporting the local school.
Being able to experience first hand a student before looking to employ new staff.
Register your interest now.
Contact Tania Gracie - Gateway Coordinator
Ph: 07 348 0156 ext 243
Txt: 021 973 807